It's True Crime Thursday, and that means the ebook of When the Husband Is the Suspect by F. Lee Bailey—a true crime account that takes a close look at some of the most famous spousal murders over the last few decades—is on sale for only $2.99 through 3/14!
From the bestselling author of The Defense Never Rests, a look at the modern spate of spousal homicides.
This book provides an overview of several of the most famous homicidal husband cases of recent years, including:
- Sam Sheppard, who inspired the TV series and movie The Fugitive.
- Jeffrey McDonald, who became the subject of the bestseller Fatal Vision.
- Mister Perfect, Brad Cunningham, who was convicted of bludgeoning his wife to death.
- Michael Peterson, who was the subject of the IFC documentary series The Staircase and a Lifetime movie original starring Treat Williams.
- OJ Simpson, whose dream team of lawyers defended the former pro-football player and movie star of the brutal murder of his ex-wife as the entire nation watched.
- Claus von Bulow, immortalized in the book and movie Reversal of Fortune.
- Robert Blake, former TV star, who was suspected of engineering the death of his conwoman wife.
- Scott Peterson, a philandering sociopathic husband who almost escaped arrest for the murder of his wife and unborn child.
- Lambert “Bart” Knol, who claimed he suffered from “substance-induced persistent amnesia” when he was accused of killing his wife of 38 years.
These cases and others are presented in an objective manner by a knowledgeable voice that recognizes that suspicion, and sometimes even conviction, are not always synonymous with guilt.
To learn more or order a copy, visit: