NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
1. To Enter: To enter, simply visit the website at https://www.criminalelement.com/deathandtaxessweepstakes (the “Site”). Submit your entry by fully completing the entry form at the Site. Sweepstakes begins October 18, 2011 12:00 p.m. ET and all online entries must be received by October 25, 2011 11:59 a.m. ET. Limit one entry per person or per household. All entrants must have a valid email address. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP unavailability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter this Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Random Drawing: From all eligible entries received, a random drawing will be held on or about October 27, 2011 by Macmillan (“Sponsor”), whose decisions concerning all matters related to this sweepstakes are final. Winners will be notified by e-mail. Winner may be required to sign and return an affirmation of eligibility and publicity/liability release within fifteen (15) days of notification attempt or prize may be awarded to an alternate.
3. Prizes: Ten (10) Winners will each receive a copy of the paperback advance reader’s copy of the book Death, Taxes, and a French Manicure by Diane Kelly. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize: $7.99. Approximate retail value of all prizes: $79.90. Odds of winning depend on upon the number of eligible entries received. If any prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded in the name of minor’s parent or legal guardian.
4. Eligibility: Only open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 and older, who are registered users of the website. Employees, and members of their families, of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and its advertising, promotion and production agencies, are not eligible to enter. This promotion is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the United States. Void in Puerto Rico and where otherwise prohibited by law.
5. General: If for any reason, (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes), the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. No cash substitutions, transfer or assignment of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. By accepting prize winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her name, likeness, hometown, and biographical information in advertising and promotion, including on the Site, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. All taxes and any other expenses on the receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. By accepting a prize, winner releases Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and agents from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
6. Winners’ List: You may request a list of winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 15, 2011 to “Death and Taxes Sweepstakes” List, c/o, Christopher Morgan, 18 West 18th Street, 7th floor New York, NY 10011
7. Sponsor: Macmillan, 175 Fifth Avenue, New York NY 10010